Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Oregon PCT FKT Trip Report


My PCT adventure has finally been put to words and published at the very excellent ultrarunning website irunfar.com. From the article ...

"In mid-August, in the midst of many higher profile FKT attempts, my good friend, Yassine Diboun, and I set out to attempt a self-supported FKT on the 456-mile Oregon section of the Pacific Crest Trail. The self-supported and uber-light approach of our 'runpacking' adventure relied heavily on our ultrarunning fitness and compact packs, and demonstrated a genuine attempt to navigate the confluence of ultrarunning and fastpacking."


Read the whole thing HERE.

4 comments:

  1. I have been waiting for this. Thank you so much for the detailed write up. You inspire me to chase my dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive. Thanks for sharing a write up. I'm curious about the sleeping gear you used. Bag, tent, etc. Would you mind sharing a gear list?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bryan. I posted a basic gear list in early August: http://brianthedonnelly.blogspot.com/2013/08/gearing-down-for-pct.html

      I can give you more details if interested. Thanks.

      Delete