Monday, August 12, 2013

Day 4 OR PCT

Lost contact with Yassine yesterday near Crater lake. Finally figured out today that he was behind me rather than in front.

Was very bummed to hear that he decided to drop due to an ankle tweak.

Last night a bit north of Crater lake I found a clearing and was about to pull out my bivy when I saw a cougar checking me out from about 50 yards away. Picked up and moved on for a couple late bonus miles.

Miles so far:

-Friday start from border at 3pm after wandering logging roads for about 7 miles. Ran 32 miles.

-Saturday: 60 miles total. Picked up resupply at Hyatt lake. Tough day. Bed at 1:00 am.

Sunday: ran 40 miles and picked up resupply at Crater lake. I got in another 10 or so after running around trying to find Yassine. Awesome views.

Monday: 57 miles total. Beautiful trails flanking Thielsen. Ran last 36 miles with too little water. Bed at Summit lake. PCT mile 1896.

About 196 in the last 104 hours.

I am bummed about Yassine, but I am eager to keep going. This is the toughest thing I've ever done.




2 comments:

  1. Keep On keeping on! Bummer about Yassin :(
    Brian, when you finish in record time, what color would you like your cape to be? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully I can time it right & catch some video of you in the Mnt Hood Area

    ReplyDelete